Making your display a success
- Remind the public not to bring their own fireworks to the event
- Keep sparklers away from fireworks by having a separate area cordoned off. Do not give sparklers to under 5’s and wear gloves when handling them. Ensure spent sparklers are out by putting them in a bucket of water
- Good publicity is essential. If possible, appoint a publicity officer who will be in charge of press and advertising the event. Distribute flyers / posters around the local area
- Have other events during the display like competitions, fancy dress, a licensed bar, hot food, disco etc
- Merchandise can raise money for a good cause and add atmosphere
- Following this guide can help make your event safe and fun. But remember FIREWORKS ARE EXPLOSIVES – GET WISE OR GET HURT.